at least log on an accept my global friend invite for now if it is still there

Nope not there.

This is the bitterest pain among men,
To have much knowledge , but no power.

Herodotus

Re: City of Heroes 2019 Review | It's amazing | First Impressions

Ok sent another to @Proctologist.

I'm going to be online at odd hours for the next 3 weeks guys. Packing up my house and moving to a new home in Summerlin NV. Some time after July 16th I'll be back to normal hours.  As a side note , did I tell you how much I hate packing ?   smile

54 (edited by Chuut 2019-06-21 21:28:07)

No worries Alan.  I'd help you with the packing but you probably would be missing a Porsche afterwards...LOL

I've not been doing much mission wise on the game lately just running taskforces and making millions on the market and some SG Base design....next time your in the base look around, it has a new swimming pool and hot tubs (I got creative with what they gave me)....and in case you didn't see it before I built a car repair -fine tuning garage in the base just for your hobby.

Not finished yet but over 1/2 done.

Oh and there is also a munitions room/shooting range .....off the park and helicopter launch area.

Oh BTW anything we are missing?  We got power room, medical room, workshop / storage area, telportation area, personal quarters, a bar/disco/gambling area, a gym, costume store, library, grocery market, restaurant, shooting range, helipad, swimming pool/hot tubs, basketball court, soccer field, outdoor park with pond, SG meeting room, bathroom (new), some lounge areas, parking area/ loading dock...anything else? 

Got a little bit more space (not too much) and trying to figure out if I missed anything....ideas?  Likely I will just make them social areas.

Cruzin wrote:

I'm going to be online at odd hours for the next 3 weeks guys. Packing up my house and moving to a new home in Summerlin NV. Some time after July 16th I'll be back to normal hours.  As a side note , did I tell you how much I hate packing ?   smile

Ha California finally got to you smile Hope it all goes well , regards to all.

Herodotus

Cruzin wrote:

You never know how much stuff you have until you have to pick it all up and move it to somewhere else.

Son, you've got a panty on your head.

Testing

59 (edited by Chuut 2019-06-25 11:07:05)

Heads up.

Just discovered something interesting, especially for low level characters.

In Atlas park, in front of City Hall, to the right side if you are at the door of city hall (Left side if you are at Ms. Liberty)  there is a P2W vendor.

This vendor has some stuff that cost influence and some stuff that is free.

Basically she has:

Travel power stuff
Like a magic carpet, rocket board  (cost influence)(think silver surfer flight but you can use other powers while using it). 
Steam jump is a superleap variant.  Free stuff
For influence a base teleporter, mission teleporter, assemble the team, etc.  (some of these can be free if you get the right badges first)
Ninja run or beast run for Free (increase running and jumping)
Coyote  or Panther run  Not free but you change yourself into the animal and run and jump better or something.

Extra attacks
Sands of Mu, undead slaying axe, Nemesis Staff, Blackwand, all free
Charged stuff at a price like stun grenades, flash grenades, etc.

Buff Pets
Minor buff pets that are free

Misc
Fortune, Secondary mutation  not free but fortun gives 20 buffs to teamate (they are nice ones BTW) and Secondary mutation buffs yourself I think
Some inspiration power (dont recall the name) Not Free This one will give you three random inspirations (medium and large only I think) if you have empty slots in your tray.

Respec
You can get a respec recipe here if you have no free ones left

Enhancements
You can get some free enhancements that buff damage and recharge and have a proc on them for extra damage or knockdown (depending on which one)  You can only have 1 of each for your character but there are several.  The procs stops working at level 21.  But these are great for low level especially if you need more recharge but don't want to totally sacrifice damage.  The damage buff is slightly less than a level 15 crafted damage io about 16% to 19% but you also get the 16% recharge.

There was probably more but that is what I recall off hand.

Made my first new toon in a while....

Mainly because I wanted the name.

He is a Brute on Blue side, Super Strength / Invuln and the name is....

Super Hodor ...of course he prefers Door missions.

Chuut wrote:

Made my first new toon in a while....

Mainly because I wanted the name.

He is a Brute on Blue side, Super Strength / Invuln and the name is....

Super Hodor ...of course he prefers Door missions.

Good one smile

Herodotus

Well, I just dinged 51 now what...lol

Gonna have to read up on this new fangled incarnate system I guess.  I'll try to keep you posted on what I learn.

Just an FYI..... most of the Praetorian AV missions on Peregrin Island have been redone.

Just an FYI..... most of the Praetorian AV missions on Peregrin Island have been redone.

Found out something I never knew before....

If you want to add one of your alts to your Supergroup, just get on a character who is already in that group and /altinvite 'name of toon' in chat and your alt named will be in the Super Group.

66 (edited by Chuut 2019-07-19 16:19:45)

Oh and something I discoved 2 day ago.  In pocket D  (on the villain half) is a seagull sitting on top of a truck... 'Null the Gull"  and he can:

Accept or deny speed altering buffs from other players. (Other portions of speed-altering buffs will always be applied; only the speed increase will be ignored.)

Affected powers are: Speed Boost, Increase Density, Inertial Reduction, Enforced Morale, and Accelerate Metabolism.

Accept or deny Group Fly/Group Energy Flight/Team Teleport.

Always accept, always deny, or always ask to accept Mystic Fortune.

Show your progress towards the Dimensional Warder Badge.

I used him for my heroes so that they would auto accept fortunes and not have speed increased by speed boost which I find problematic in some caves.  Also note he can reverse any setting that you have him make.

https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//d/df/Null_the_Gull.jpg

Lots to do in this game.  I'm just starting to dip my toe into the rubber trading portion on the Auction House.  There are some nuances to learn for me.  I've started slow with a couple of lower priced items (I've been saving all my oranges).  I'll use the profits from those, if they sell, to springboard to the more expensive things.  I do that so I'm not committing all of my influence to the exchange and have some left to buy enhancements.  I'm just sticking with SOs on Nox ATM.

All my other toons are lower level and just kind of treading water.  Nox is the only one where enhancements are becoming important.  The rest are barely to the DO level so they just eat what they kill, so to speak.

68 (edited by Chuut 2019-07-23 14:19:20)

Various IOs are in the supergroup base, feel free to use any of them.  Let me know if you need anything in particular. 

I'll try to stock some more common ones at the lower levels (15-30 range) like accuracy, endurance modification and damage when I get back on.

Money hasn't been an issue for me as I have been going full Gordon Gekko on the auction house.  I spent maybe 100 million yesterday (bought some top end set IOs) and have already made  half of it back for example, so none be shy about asking for any assistance.

I remember when I made my first toon the empath Defender Blue Mime (Back in the Day), he was given influence to help him get started by Nox, Medicine Man, and Metaspawn....maybe others as well, so I would love to return the favor.

A couple of links folk might find handy about some of the newer features:  enhancement Converters, enhancement unslotters, and enhancement boosters.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancemen … er_Salvage

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Unslotter

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancemen … er_Salvage

Last night I discovered the quick way to make money off the Auction House is to sell orange components.  It seems like every single one sells for around 500,000 influence or infamy.  Quick money for low level toons.

71 (edited by Chuut 2019-07-25 15:51:55)

True but those may be useful later.  Still selling one or two can really get you squared away a good bit. 

My philosophy is to craft the yellow recipes at low level (and at high level)  After crafting look at the price on the auction house, if it is good sell it as is.  If the crafted enhancement sells for under 300K then use merits to buy converters....10 merits will buy you 30.  Then convert to a different uncommon item for 1 converter then check the auction house for its price and repeat the process.

What I have been doing to make lots of influence is buying up yellow recipes from 10-50k then crafting and reselling for anywhere from 300k to 3 million on.  My costs including buying the recipe and crafting tend to be under 80k.  So even on a cheap sell by me of 300k I'm clearing 220k a sale.  That is nearly a 300% ROI (return on investment) at worst.

You can also make money off the rare recipes but that require more upfront capital in most cases and if you get the pricing wrong then the auction house posting fees can squeeze your margins if you have to change your pricing.  I still do some of this too, but to get a good return you have to do on average more converting and that will eat up merits.

Also a word of warning about buying enhancements on the auction house:

I wouldn't by any crafted enhancements from the sets, go to the section that says attunned enhancements and buy the same one there.

From what I can tell once you put an enhancement up for sell, regardless of level, the auction house is putting them in a common pool with all other enhancements of the same kind crafted and attuned.  When you buy you get the level you paid for and attuned or non attuned ...so why not buy the attuned that will level with you?

Also if buying recipes use the same logic.  Why craft a lvl 50 with increased crafting cost if you can buy a level 30 or 20 with a much smaller one.  I'd rather craft for 20k than for 500k since I'm going to be getting the same price for it when I sell it.

BY Sock the level 25 bin in the base is loaded up with some damage, accuracy, defense, resist damage end modification and other enhancements.  Please grab some.  I need the space in the bin if I'm to finish a few crafting badges and I don't want to bother selling these on the auction house...I'd rather use my auction slots for other things.

Nox is 25 and Madame Cauchemar is 22.  I'm currently leveling up the Azure Brawler in New Praetoria.  Its new to me so I'm enjoying it.

I'm still only dabbling in the auction house, but I've got the mechanics figured out.  Selling the recipes is generally a waste of influence.  The finished products are better and thanks to Chuut for the lesson in conversion.  Yellows are cheap.  Oranges is where the money is at.  Prices seem to start around 500,000 for orange salvage and 1,000,000 for orange enhancements depending upon what element of the set they are and the rarity of the set.

I'm beginning to notice merit rewards.  So far I mostly solo, unless I group up with Chuut.  It seems if I want more of those I have to do raids, etc, so I'm mulling it over.  The reason I always liked CoH/CoV was I could log on for 15 minutes and get something done, as opposed to DAoC where I had to LFG for 30 minutes and then spend another 30 minutes transiting to the area we were going to and waiting for all the AFKs to get back so we could start. 

I might be exaggerating the time a bit, but suffice it to say in DAoC you had to do some work before you could achieve anything significant in game.  Soloing just wasn't much of an option after level 10 in DAoC.

Anyway the upshot is CoH always gave me the freedom to be casual and play when I could, which is what I'm doing now.  Add that to a wicked case of Altis and I'm not leveling anything in a big hurry.

By the by, they should have had a "Whip" powerset for Villains.

Tanemund wrote:

Yellows are cheap.  Oranges is where the money is at.  Prices seem to start around 500,000 for orange salvage and 1,000,000 for orange enhancements depending upon what element of the set they are and the rarity of the set.

Well I tend to make as much if not more more off the yellows.  buy the recipes cheap and convert if needed.  Some yellows sell for 1,000,000 - 3,000,000 on a regular basis....and even if your selling for 800,000 you may make more profit when you factor in the initial cost and volume.

I'm beginning to notice merit rewards.  So far I mostly solo, unless I group up with Chuut.  It seems if I want more of those I have to do raids, etc, so I'm mulling it over.

Finishing quest chains also gives merits, as do killing giant monsters (need to join others for that)  a few individual missions also grant them....for example 3 merits from the save the fortuneteller mission (which you can do via flashback from the base crystal in the teleportation room lvl 14 quest)

By the by, they should have had a "Whip" powerset for Villains.

Agreed....but you know what kinda roleplay folks that would attract....